Monday, December 10, 2012

Gymnastics

We had a really fun little run with gymnastics lessons this summer.  I found a Groupon and, after making sure Elijah and Haven could do back-to-back classes, signed them up!  I have very fond memories of my own gymnastics lessons, and was really excited for the kids to try everything.  Gymini Athletics exceeded my expectations.  They had Elijah and Haven both running hard for their 45 minute lesson.  After I found out about the siblings playroom, I was even more excited about this place. 

 
Girlfriend was on a mission during her classes.  They set up six or so different activities in a circular pattern and you follow the path to the next activity.  Haven remembered how to do each thing; I was surprised at how quickly she caught on.


Waiting in line for her trampoline time.  I think this was her favorite part.  We had to practice our jumps at home; "pencil jump" and "out and in" did not come naturally for my children~;-)

This little stinker was constantly trying to join the class.  She would sneak around or under the fence and just start rolling around on the floor.



This was Elijah's favorite activity, I believe.  He was great on all the bar activities.  "Mom, why don't they move my bars up even higher?"
The best parts about our gymnastics experience were gleaning ideas of things we could do at home and observing how well Haven does when peppered with lots of physical tasks. Hopefully we'll run across another Groupon, because this was FUN! 7.9.2012

No comments: